Monday, November 12, 2012

Thalaba The Destroyer/ religious

At the beginning of the piece, all I could think about was how it was a lot like Aladdin the disney movie, because the palace was in a desert and it vanished at the end. The poem had many lessons to learn involving religion and that it was mostly about pleading to God for rain. It made me feel really depressed when the mother asked to be taken away by the Angel of Death, leaving the child alone to fend for himself to avenge his father and spread to word to others. The poem was interesting to read and the preface introduced what was to read and how to take the new style of writing like Wordsworth did, but it was a lot less boring! This poem was very interesting and I liked that it wasn't that hard to follow except for the names of the characters...that was crazy, but I did like that it taught a moral lesson, even though it was long because of the footnotes. Overall, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment