Thursday, September 27, 2012
Clare's poem as a children's fantasy story.
Clare's poem reminded me of a children's fairy tale novel. If children were really his audience I would say that his message is to encourage children to abort all activities done by the rest like sports and playing with toys and be imaginative like in the poem The Village Minstrel. He didn't need those things in order to be happy he created fantasy in his natural world instead. I think the reason it reminds me of a children's fantasy is that in The Village Minstrel he is very imaginative with nature, he not only enjoys the sight of it but he has a relationship with nature. I think this can also be for an audience of poor people because he is enjoying all he had-nature and made it into something more fantasy-like meaning that these poor people don't need anything but to care for nature and enjoy it.
Labels:
Class Struggles,
Enargeia,
Society and Aesthetics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment