Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I must confess that I greatly enjoyed my reading of Wordsworth's poem “Lines written a few miles above Tintern Abbey.” While reading the poem, it seemed as though this poem was about so much more than just nature. It seemed to be revival or re-birthing of a spirit or passion that Wordsworth had lost along the way and once he revisited Tintern Abbey that all those feelings and emotions were remembered and it helped fill a void that had been missing. It was also nice to read that he shared such a special place with his sister, especially seeing as though that was like a sort of sanctuary for him. I also found it quite interesting that he never mentioned the actual building itself. I guess I should not be surprised by that seeing as though we've been studying nature and the picturesque. 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely felt that Wordsworth had a void that only going back to Tintern Abbey could fill. I also really liked the poem for the same reason since I can identify with his feelings.

    ReplyDelete