Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Keats and the phenomenon of feelings
John Keats, much like Wordsworth and other Romantic writers, is masterful in describing the suddenness of epiphanies. It's hard to explain true emotions in their most purest form, yet somehow Keats is able to effectively show how great art can move an individual, whether that be positive or negative. It's also revealing how so much can pass through one's mind and emotions in a matter of seconds. How writers like Keats are able to capture this moment in such an eloquent matter is beyond my comprehension. Mortality is a hard realization for any person to truly accept, and it's almost heartbreaking to see Keats reaction. Yet how ironic is it to read Keats' work today, with it still being relevant and revered, and see ideas, like fears of being forgotten, become conquered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your about captured moments. I can hardly keep up with my own train of thought. I like that you are relating the senses.I know that you need the senses in order to really experience something and through writing help others experience.
ReplyDeleteIt's really profound that Keats would come to write about this immortal object and in doing so immortalize not just the urn, but himself as well.