Sir Walter Scott's Lay of the Last Minstrel really feels like a novel and that it is telling a story rather than making a sort of point. How it is introduced, how the characters are brought in, and the feeling I get...it just felt like a novel written in poetic form.
The beginning felt really heavy, I could really feel for the last Minstrel. I think that it was really provoking and helped grasped on to what this character was feeling without being cliche, or drawn out, or so obvious it lost the emotional context. Like many others, I found reading the Lay of the Last Minstrel enjoyable and easy to read, however there were moments where I wasn't sure what exactly was occurring due to word formation or choices.
But I didn't think it tok away from everything overall.
However, I am curious about what people thought of the Melrose place/abby. This was actually really important for outside of the poem because it was through his work that many were inspired to travel to this location as tourist or to paint it.
No comments:
Post a Comment