Thursday, October 18, 2012
Scott's poetry as story
In my opinion Scott's Lay of the Las Minstrel demonstrated a genuine implication of humility and loyalty. The poem's structure flowed and gave the reading speed. I had to catch my breath a few times while reading it. Overall I found it familiar to a tall tale in a fantastical way. I also enjoyed the progression of the poem as a story line. In poetry it is sometimes or often times difficult to figure out who is who and what is happening throughout the poem. You don't know what part of the message you started off reading. In this case it starts in a place that allows you to progress (knowingly) with the story.
Labels:
CLC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your comment on how having this narrative flow within a poem gives the reader a better understanding of what is the important message whether it be the situation or a character. I really want to believe that Scott used the narrative format within a poem to show readers that Scotland's more materialistic ideas could and should be seen as a poetic or Romantic way instead of always looking at the typical Romantic subjects.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both your posts because a nice flow can help out any story especially one that is told in poetic form where things are a little more difficult to interpret.
ReplyDelete