I love the dictionary feature that's attached to the online reading of The Lay of the Last Minstrel! This was such a great experience and I was able to learn a variety of Old English words without it taking too much time away from reading the text. Oh, how I love technology.
On another note, I really enjoyed reading Scott's poem. I was able to follow the story without the notes by Scott, but as with Darwin's Loves of the Plants, the footnotes made everything much more clearer and even added a different element of understanding to the poem. Overall I enjoyed the details put into describing the scene and characters because they drew me into the story of the poem.
I also really enjoyed having the dictionary feature in this online text. I usually hate reading on the internet, but this actually helped me to understand the material more easily.
ReplyDelete