Monday, November 26, 2012
Happy to end the semester with some more Byron!
Yay! More Byron! I thought this poem was interesting and I liked the plot, but some parts of it confuse me. In the beginning, when Byron is introducing the poem and the story it took me a while to realize he was talking about GREECE and not a girl. Actually, I did this thing throughout most of the poem where I didn't understand what he was talking about until I was a couple of pages into the poem then I had an "Ah-hah!" moment and had to go back and read the previous two pages that had confused me before. I feel like when I read Byron my interpretation of his poetry is always very fragmented because I can't move along at a steady pace, but have to read almost every line a couple of times before I can go onto the next. It's difficult for me to keep this in context!
Labels:
RachaelMarie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was the same way with me to have to go back and read multiple times to understand exactly what he meant due to the constant fragmentation. I also realized that it was about greece but found the metaphor more appealing about a girl.
ReplyDeleteIt was the same for me! I feel like because I had to do such a close reading I found a lot of one-liners that stuck out, while missing out on some of the plot or character development.
ReplyDelete