Monday, October 29, 2012

Vengeance in wordsworth

I had fun reading "Goody Blake and Harry Gill" because it was easier to understand versus "The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere". In "Goody Blake and Harry Gill" I thought it was very gothic and mysterious. I found it very intriguing to know that after a guy got mad at an old woman for taking wood for a fire, he wound up in the same position as she was. He will remain the rest of his life constantly cold. This story is dark and full of the act of vengeance on a helpless old woman. I know it wasn't right for her to trespass, but she wasn't causing any harm to him. In return, she actually got revenge on him.

1 comment:

  1. There seemed to be a sort of revenge in the ancient mariner too. It was almost like the albatross was haunting the mariner for his actions.

    ReplyDelete