Thursday, November 1, 2012
Coleridge.
I love the rhyme of the ancient mariner. Someone else posted on here that they felt like they were reading Doctor Seuss, I can certainly see that comparison. The poem flows really well and definitely feels like a ballad. It is easy to get into the rhythm when reading it. I also like how the piece suggests that one should love and respect not just man but nature as well. This poem puts into context that there are always consequences to our actions and our choices. And I love how this peace uses the preservation of nature to make that point. I also love the supernatural elements of the poem. These following stanzas sum up that point quite well:
Farewell, farewell! but this I tell
To thee, thou Wedding-Guest!
He prayeth well, who loveth well
Both man and bird and beast.
He prayeth best, who loveth best
All things both great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment