Thursday, November 1, 2012
Indian trying to stay strong
I believe that the Indian woman was trying to stay strong in this poem, but she really feared her death. The same idea of her being ready to die by herself, but she keeps relating herself back to her tribe and child. I feel like this connection of her talking about herself and her people is a way of saying that she is not ready to die. The reason why she mentions her loneliness is to perhaps show that she shouldn't be afraid to die because there is noone around to witness her death or her fear. It kind of reminds me of whenever I feel sad and don't want to believe it, but when I'm alone I should not be afraid to be sad or cry just like she should not be afraid to die, for she is alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment