Monday, October 29, 2012

Well hello stranger ;)

     As someone who loves Gothic literature and poetry I was delighted to discover Matthew Lewis! I am unsure how I had never heard of him before but am glad that I own this book. As soon as I have less homework I expect to be reading all of the rest! When first reading Bothwell's Bonny Jane I couldn't help but think of Romeo and Juliet. I imagined these young lovers who go to great lengths to be together making fools of themselves and dying by their own hands. I never imagined the outcome we got! Holy moly...it was a shock! I love a good surprise and Matthew Lewis gave it to me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very interested in Matthew Lewis as well. It feels so refreshing to be able to read the more gothic genre and it was just a bonus that it was around the time of Halloween. I for one like the more dark literary works and its nice to know someone else does too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Lewis to be more enjoyable because of the accessibility. Putting emphasis on the cohesion of the narrative, in a manner which makes it flow, the reader able to keep pace easily, really helped me enjoy the wording and turns of phrase.

    ReplyDelete