Thursday, December 6, 2012

Going in circles

I felt like I was being pulled in circles. Wordsworth pulls you through the seasons not just of the years, but of his life. I don't know what I was expecting on Tuesday when I went through it the first time, but at a second glance, I was brought back to the start of this semester and the picturesque. Each of these little gems that he remembers has some construction that is falling apart. Lines 161-174 Wordsworth states that at 14, he was thinking of these picturesque images he had collected into his memory thus far, and that upon his death bed he should like to recall them again as his last looks on life. Quite powerful, considering all the things life has to offer, that his "soul would send a longing look to you." I think I liked this best of what Wordsworth we did read. It feel as almost if he's allowing the reader to discover the passion he found as a young boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment