Thursday, December 6, 2012
Recollecting Memories
The theme of nature is obviously present in Wordsworth's "The Prelude", but what about the theme of collecting? It seems that Wordsworth is recollecting childhood memories, experiences, etc. I think that by doing this, Wordsworth allows his adult self to realize the importance of these childhood memories-these memories have shaped who he is as an adult. Wordsworth really digs into the philosophical and psychological importance of these memories and relates them more specifically to society (and nature) at large. Throughout the poem, I think there are both fanciful and vitalistic views of life in "The Prelude" because Wordsworth's ideas become more developed as he gets older. I actually enjoyed the idea of recollecting memories, one because thats what this whole semester has been about-collecting, but also because don't we recollect memories in our everyday lives already?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment