Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Clarity in Smith
When reading "To the fire-fly of Jamaica" I found myself wondering what was going on. The clarity in that poem is tremendously different form the clarity in "Beachy Head". In "Beachy head" I found it to be very descriptive of the nature and the surroundings of the beach. I could see how she used personification to explain a lot of movements within nature and scenes that were taken place among the beach. She talks about wanting her mind to return to a state of peace. She describes nature so precisely that I can almost picture myself right there watching everything happen by seeing what she sees through her writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed her descriptions in "Beachy Head" as well. Particularly when she describes people.
ReplyDeleteI don't find the clarity to be worse or blurry, just a little different. Her descriptions in "fire-fly" focus heavily on day and night, light, and the nature that the firefly is missing.
ReplyDelete