Monday, October 1, 2012

I Enjoyed Charlotte

I can quite honestly say that I have enjoyed reading Charlotte Turner Smith. I am not sure if it is because I researched her and some of her works which allows me to understand her writing a bit more or if there is some other reason why I enjoyed the reading. By knowing a little background on how some of the poems came to be my understanding is greater. I am definitely fond of “To the Fire-fly of Jamaica, seen in a collection” mostly because the language is clear and the weird "s" thing is not present. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed her writing as well. She writes about sadness like it consumed her entire being. It's interesting that the poems we were asked to read for Tuesday all dealt with night as the primary setting. I'm about to research more of her life so I can feel a little more enlightened.

    ReplyDelete