Monday, December 3, 2012
Connections to Nature
Wordsworth has a very dramatic way of describing his walks through the woods. I agree with Desdemona that this poem has a lot to do with how much a person can be connected to nature through memories. I think Wordsworth appreciated nature and felt like he was strongly connected to the land, a thought that is similar to the way most native Americans felt. This is the idea I get from reading the poem. On the other side, there seems to be the idea of a disconnect between nature and certain (presumably most) men. Nature and the natural elements that are mentioned in the Prelude, take on their own personality. Like many of the romantic poets, Wordsworth uses this poem as a reflection on solitude. There is also a mystical, mysterious element to this poem, especially on page 4. The poem was interesting, but there was a lot I didn't understand, particularly at the very end of part 2. Wordsworth in Family Guy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would have to agree that we get the point that Wordsworth is trying to make with his connection with nature. He also says that experiences are strongly connected to our moods that connect to our feelings when looking upon an object. I just thought that was very interesting.
ReplyDeleteI like that you pointed out the natural elements having their own personality. It's like a play off of "Love of the Plants" but in a more normal way. I feel like there was a lot that I wasn't clued into. There were just so many footnotes that if you missed one you could miss the point of the section
ReplyDeleteI never thought about the prelude as being like the "Love of the Plants", but it's true that it's a lot like it except to a lesser extent.
ReplyDelete