I cannot gush enough about Lewis. His work has been my favorite out of everything we've read so far. Maybe it's because I have a special fondness for him because I've been researching him for the research project, or maybe it's because I have a weakness for all things of a fantastical nature. But regardless, I love everything about him.
My personal favorites were "The Fire-King" and "The Water-King." One of the things I found the most interesting during my research was Lewis's influence on Walter Scott. I can see some of those similarities, not only in subject matter, but also in mood, although Lewis definitely seems darker than Scott. I also read about how Tales of Wonder was delayed because of Lewis's desire to translate the poems perfectly and maintaining perfect rhyme. I like the inconsistencies in meter and style across poems. I love the rhyme scheme. I love the subject matter. I LOVE EVERYTHING.
No comments:
Post a Comment